1.11.2008

april by sun kil moon





I've decided that I want to begin a new tradition. Every weekend I'm gonna highlight an album that I either a) look forward to being released, b) recently bought, or c) just pulled off the shelf for reacquaintance.


This week's album highlight is the upcoming release by Sun Kil Moon. Mark Kozelek and company are set to release their second proper full-length, April, on April 1st via Kozelek's own label, Caldo Verde Records.

Following the beautiful work by Red House Painters from the late '80s through the '90s, and work as a solo artist, Kozelek formed Sun Kil Moon. Their debut, Ghosts of the Great Highway, was released in 2003, followed by an entire album of Modest Mouse covers, Tiny Cities. (It must be noted that Ghosts of the Great Highway was one of my favorite albums of 2003.)

April sounds like a much needed dose of Kozelek to me. Find out for yourself, though - listen to track 6, Moorsetown, here.

No comments: