6.19.2006

full pocket syndrome (tictoc)

In three weeks, my brother and I will be on the road - sleeping in the jetta, maybe staying in a cheap motel once every several nights to recharge our batteries (literally), driving thousands of miles, eating the oregon coast, grand canyoning, reading dickinson in montana, napping on the L in chicago, spitting off the space needle, hiking in the tetons, and learning how to drink coffee. I am planning on sending postcards from the highway, and I plan on taking cool pictures like the one shown here. I plan to live on water from a nalgene the whole time (no convenience store gatorade), and I plan on swimming in the san francisco bay. I plan on growing a mustache, and I plan on driving up hwy one to bob dylan's music. I plan on eating lots of fruit snacks, and I don't plan on ever wearing shoes or a shirt unless I have to. Will and I are going to spend as little money possible without stealing anything except for girls' hearts. I am going to have the best 21st birthday party ever somewhere in the middle of arizona. I am going to consider the interstate rest area my home away from home. I am going to wonder where time goes when I am sitting in a cold, metal, humanities desk in the fall.

------------------------------------------------------------------
there are so many tictoc
clocks everywhere telling people
what toctic time it is for
tictic instance five toc minutes toc
past six tic

Spring is not regulated and does
not get out of order nor do
its hands a little jerking move
over numbers slowly

we do not
wind it up it has no weights
springs wheels inside of
its slender self no indeed dear
nothing of the kind.

(So,when kiss Spring comes
we'll kiss each kiss other on kiss the kiss
lips because tic clocks toc don't make
a toctic difference
to kisskiss you and to
kiss me)

-e.e. cummings
--------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: